Press Release: The Michigan Wolves and Hawks are excited to announce the addition of William "Skip" Thorp to our coaching staff. Skip is currently the assistant coach of the Portland Thorns Women's Professional Team competing in the NWSL, http://www.nwslsoccer.com
Our objective has always been to provide exceptional experiences to our players. One of those avenues is to provide the best coaching staff. Hence, the addition of Skip is a step in that direction as we continue to "dare to be better, to be exceptional".
Skip brings a wealth of experience: CONCACAF and FIFA Instructor, former U.S. Soccer Coaching Instructor, former U.S. Development Academy Director with Albertson Soccer Club and former collegiate soccer coach with Wake Forest University.
Internationally, Skip has been involved with both men's and women's Youth National Teams from the U18 to the U23's. He was the former assistant coach for the U17 Trinindad and Tobago Women's National Team.
"I am thankful for the opportunity to work with one of best clubs in the U.S. Both the boys and girls consistently develop and produce top talent.
"We are thrilled to add Skip to the Michigan Wolves-Hawks. He is one the top educators in the country. I feel he is a critical component to our staff as we continue to evolve our club strategy that maximizes player development, " Ed McCarthy, President MI Wolves and Hawks SC.
It will be exciting to utilize my experience and connections in an effort to add more opportunities for development, " Skip Thorp.
Skip will be involved in the further development of Goalkeepers along with direct engagement of field players.
Please welcome Skip to our Wolves Hawks family.
MICHIGAN HAWKS INVITE YOU TO OUR SPRING COLLEGE COMBINE
The Michigan Hawks will host its second spring College Combine.
"This Camp is open to any and all girls soccer players limited only by number, age, and/or grade level"
- Who: Uncommitted Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors.
- When: Sunday, June 7th from 11:30am-8pm
- Cost: $80
- Where: JayCee Park, 32500 Pembroke, Livonia
- Format: There will be 4 X 1 hour and 50 minute sessions. (Each player will be invited to attend one session.) There will be a 30-minute goalkeeper session at the beginning of each session which will also include a small sided warmup session for the field players with college coaches. Then, the players will participate in a scrimmage, 2 X 35 minute halves.
- Registration Deadline - May 14th
- Acceptance emailed out - May 16th
- Payment Due - May 23rd
The U18 Wolves 97 coached by Dave Hicklin were showcased at the Crossroads of America College Showcase. Their first match was a 5:0 win against Kings Hammer, the second match was a 9:0 win against South Central and their third match was a 2:0 win against United 1996 FC. With three wins and a 8:0 record the Wolves were tied for first place.
Great showing Wolves!!!
Congratulations to the U12 Hawks 03 Black team and coach Jennifer Dobkin on their Championship win at Cincinnati Elite Invitational on April 18-19th, 2015. The first match against Ohio Premier was a 2:0 win, the second match was a 0:0 draw against Cincinnati United CUP Southeast and the third match was a 2:1 loss to Warren County. After the preliminary round the Hawks were tied for 2nd place with 4 points but their goal differential put them into the final match. The Final match against Ohio Premier ended with a PK shootout and a Championship win!
More Articles ...
- Coach Sam inducted into HYPE Sports Hall of Fame
- U7 Wolves Total Soccer Champions
- Hawks Standout in San Diego
- Indy Burn Champions
- U20 Women's National Team Camp invites 3 Hawks
- Open Friday Technical Training Sessions
- 3 Hawks Head to National Camp
- ECNL Impact | Changing Club Structure and Methods
- Crew Spring Classic 2015 Champions
- 1st Annual Michigan Hawks Appreciation Banquet